We participated in the National Spring Clean this year to help keep Dalkey tidy. Each class took a different area of the village and picked up the litter there. Check out the pictures from the day below:
We took part in this year's National Spring Clean, helping keep Dalkey tidy. Each class took a different area of Dalkey to clean and we had great fun along the way. Check out pictures of our clean up below:
We were delighted to be a part of the Inaugural Youth National Spring Clean Launch along with 4 other schools in the community, Dalkey Tidy Towns, the Community Gardaí, the youth leader Flossie Donnelly, Sarah McGovern and Zainab Boladale and An Cathaoirleach Cllr Tom Murphy along with Cllr Devlin, Cllr Hanafin and Cllr Fayne.
The march was a fantastic success and we featured in a segment on RTE's News 2day programme. The march focused on three themes:
1. The launch of the National Spring Clean campaign this year
2. Marine litter
3. Dog waste
Marine litter and dog waste are a particular issue in our local community and we hope to continue work with the Dalkey Tidy Towns committee to help raise awareness of and help solve these issues.
We'd like to thank Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council as always for helping to coordinate everyone involved in the march and also St Nicholas Montessori School for their wonderful singing outside our school to finish the launch. Well done to everyone involved!
Present for meeting: Adam and Matthew (2nd), Adam and Andrew (3rd), Darragh (4th) Mauro and Milan (5th), Ciarán, Gabriel and Rory (6th) Ms O'Neill and Mr Smith
- Snow damage to Wheelbarrow Gardens. Replanting planned for April.
- Replanting of flowers in plant pots at front door by Mauro, Milan and Ms O'Neill last week.
- Planting of wildflower seeds in patch by the wall in April by committee.
- Magpies nesting in tree in school garden.
- Planning for Inaugural Youth Spring Clean Event at 10am on Wednesday 21st March. March will finish at our school.
- Members of committee from 2nd-4th will attend event. 5th and 6th class have events at the same time as march. Mr Smith will pick extra students from junior classes to make up for the students who will not be able to make it.
- Permission forms handed out.
- Darragh to give form to Andre who missed meeting.
- Litter and waste team will design posters for the event on the themes of 1. National Spring Clean 2. Dog Waste and 3. Marine Litter
- Tidy Schools application to be completed
- Website to be updated by members of committee from 5th and 6th class.
Secretary for meeting:
Green Schools News
Harold Boys' Green Schools Committee